Friday, April 21, 2006

Registering my car with the Kansas DMV

Today was the last day for me to register my new car with the Kansas DMV. They have quite an interesting set up over there.

The waiting area is made up of a combination of chairs and old church pews. I was shocked at first, but I remembered that we're in Kansas! Only here in the middle of the Bible Belt will you find church pews in a DMV.

I like their system of helping customers. Since this office is only for titles and vehicle renewals, each customer is supposed to bring certain kinds of documents. Here's how it works. First, you go to the ticket machine and press the button corresponding to why you're there. (I pressed Title.) Next, you're called up to Window #1 where all they do is check your documentation. If your stuff is incomplete, you'll be forced to come back when you have it all. Otherwise, you hold onto your number and wait to be called again to another window. All in all, I waited about 5 minutes for the first window and 20 minutes for the second. I was out of there in less than 1 hour.

You won't see any of these in a California DMV!

Tomorrow, I'll apply my new tag, making me a bona-fide Kansas driver! :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home