Saturday, July 08, 2006

Country Duos

Country music: there's plenty of it in Kansas. I have yet to watch some concerts, but I thought I'd talk about country duos.

There's no comparison against the harmonious vocals of a well-matched country duo. Wholesome lyrics and driving rhythms go hand-in-hand with primary and secondary melodies. Some of my favorite country duos:

The Kinleys (Heather and Jennifer) known for their hits "Just Between You and Me" and "Please", were possibly the first duo to reel me into country. Watch their videos on CMT.com.




Kix Brooks and Ronnie Dunn (Brooks & Dunn) are like these rocker-hillbilly characters who have taken their music to various heights. They've won numerous CMA and ACM "Best Vocal Duo" awards for their songs like "My Heart is Lost To You", "That's What She Gets", and "Red Dirt Road".




John Hanna and Jonathan McEuen (Hanna & McEuen) are newer to the pop country scene, although their vocal quality is timeless. They're the epitome of country duos, in my humble opinion. Watch their video of their first single release, "Something Like a Broken Heart".



The Wreckers (Michelle Branch and Jessica Harp) teamed up in 2004. Harp was a backup singer for Branch during her solo career, and so they took a break and decided to try their hand at country. Harp is a songwriter from Nashville with some pretty nifty lyrics, like their first hit (featured on the TV Show, One Tree Hill) titled "Leave the Pieces". It's an awesome song and is on my rewind. Check out the video!



That's it for now! See ya later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home