Wednesday, July 04, 2007

A Happy 4th!!

Hey what's up? Long time no blog. Yeah, I've been super-busy with work projects lately. Today is July 4, 2007, the 231st birthday of the United States of America!! w00t! :)

What have I been doing lately...watching lots of Japanese anime! They're all over YouTube and veoh.com, and you can download original Japanese anime with English subtitles off bittorrent networks. The one I'm watching now is called "Ah! My Goddess" which is about a college student who lived a relatively dull life until a goddess appeared (from the Goddess Assistance Agency) and granted him a wish. The (lucky) guy wished that a goddess like her could be with him forever. Then a beam of light shot out of her forehead towards the heavens. It was funny how she later called her agency (I wonder what Heaven's phone number is) to confirm whether such a wish was acceptable. At first it sounded like "God, when I told him he could have any wish, I didn't mean this!!" But when you watch more episodes (3) you'll begin to wonder if what she was really asking was, "I want to grant his wish to be with him, is it really OK?" The goddess has a really funny name: Belldandy. How funny it would be to have a girl named Belldandy walking around Japan. Honestly, I wouldn't mind meeting a Belldandy in Kansas ;)

I've also been renting movies from Blockbuster Online. It's cool because there's a store just around the corner. Plus I heard that IBM Informix Dynamic Server (the project I support) powers the Blockbuster Online data servers. So basically I'm paying into the project I help make. Heh heh heh heh.....

I was surprised this morning at 11:00 AM when the tornado sirens were being tested. I heard them go off but couldn't see any weird weather. I called my friend who told me that it was just a test.

Today I think I'm gonna watch a few more episodes of Ah! My Goddess, take a nap, then catch a public fireworks show nearby. Private fireworks are illegal in our city, possibly the entire county. But I love the fireworks shows here. Y'all should come down and visit me sometime.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

ur good... u should write more often

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home