Wednesday, July 12, 2006

In Kansas, I have an accent

Yesterday, I went to a local fast-food restaurant for some Indonesian noodles. I'll refer to it here as "N&C". I go to N&C frequently, and so far I've been impressed with their service. Anyway, I stepped up to the counter and asked for "Indonesian Peanut Saute." Sure thing, they put it in right away. Sat down and waited.

The guy put something into a togo bag, and handed it directly to me. Pretty good, I thought, he knew who ordered the Indonesian Saute. I trusted him and didn't check it out. Even got some chopsticks from the counter and popped it in the bag.

When I got back to the cafeteria at the office, I got the "Italian" surprise of my life. :-O I took the meal out of the bag and saw pasta noodles, grilled chicken, and melted parmesan cheese. Since when does "Indonesian Peanut Saute" sound like "Grilled Chicken Parmigiana"???? They don't even have any words in common!

I ate it anyway...but next time I pay for my meal with cash, I'd better ask for a receipt. That, or I should ask the cashier to repeat my order.

What is it with the way I talk here? Or are people distracted by my "native-Californian" accent? Maybe I should pick up a midwestern accent and see if I fare better. Cuz I'm tired of chicken parmesan for lunch.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok Ok. Enough with the Noodles! You are obsessed that one person in the world got your order wrong. Let it be!

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might be making a big deal out of nothing ... Everyone makes mistakes PJ. Poor guy may have been having the worst day of his life ..

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home