Thursday, June 23, 2005

20 hours until the Lenexa BBQ Championships

At last! I'm going to the infamous Great Lenexa Barbecue (Web site). Charcoal, or wood chips? Woohoo!

Work is great. I'm actually working on some QA stuff right now. Not a lot of code development for me at the moment, but that's all right. I'm an IBM team player. Yeah baby!

I went to lunch with some of the interns and recently hired at Thai Place. Sam (our fearless leader) said that it was the best Thai restaurant around. They serve authentic Thai cuisine, which is awesome. If I should ever come back here after I leave, that restaurant will be one of the first places I visit.

The last intern started today. He comes from UCI, and it's his third year as an intern. He's working on his PhD in computer science. My boss is his boss from last year, and we joked about how she gave me his old cubicle. I displaced the poor guy. No complaints from either end.

I've really grown accustomed to my work. We stop by each other's cubes while we wait for our programs to compile and stuff. Even though we always have smiles on our faces and occasionally have a laugh, we are still committed to putting in our 8 hours of work. We'll stay until 6-6:30 PM just to wrap up our stuff. I look forward to going to work every morning.

Soon to come: a picture of me wearing my IBM badge. :-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home